Re: [Hampshire] An interesting rsync problem

Author: Gordon Scott
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] An interesting rsync problem
On Sun, 2012-11-18 at 11:55 +0000, Rob Malpass wrote:
> I'm quite sure I was taught that what I was
> doing was right - but the trusty OED can't be contradicted.

You will very definitely be neither the first nor last person who was
taught something wrongly.

I can remember a couple of disputes with my teachers on similar
subjects, right back in the 60's when teachers were supposed to
understand grammar. IMHO, that's become progressively worse. Sometimes
now many teachers appear only borderline literate, so modern kids seem
to have little hope :-(

Don't strangle you uncle.
Grammatical errors are not a capital offence :-)

G.