[Hampshire] [ADMIN] Who knows about MoinMoin wikis?

Author: Chris Dennis
To: Hampshire
Subject: [Hampshire] [ADMIN] Who knows about MoinMoin wikis?
Hello Folks

I've just been having another look at the HantsLUG wiki
(http://www.hants.lug.org.uk/wiki), having been nagged to do so by the
Ubuntu UK Podcast.

At the moment only 'superusers' can edit it, which is no good to anyone.

It seems that if I re-enable the 'new account' feature, then anyone at
all can instantly create an account and start messing with the pages,
which is what happened before when the site filled up with
pharmaceutical adverts.

There's information on http://moinmo.in/HelpOnAuthentication which
discusses ways of authenticating users, but I'm not sure if it's relevant.

Has anyone else played with MoinMoin and found a way to validate new
users? I don't mind if we set it up so that new users have to be
validated manually by me. But I'm finding it all rather confusing really.

cheers

Chris
your newbie hostmaster
--