Re: [Hampshire] [ADMIN][IMP-HACK]

Author: Benjie Gillam
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [ADMIN][IMP-HACK]
On 18 Oct 2012, at 08:48, Anton Piatek wrote:
> We could perhaps try and combine any of the meetups where there are
> overlaps - Southackton recently had a hack day and there would have
> been space for people to turn up and talk about linux hacking rather
> than just robotics and 3d printers.

There was a fair bit of software hacking going on as well - e.g. one of the groups was working on the server side of SotonBus[1], another on unrelated iPhone app programming - not to mention that devices like Arduino use the GCC toolchain - so I think there could easily be overlap.

I'm planning on running a programming event via SoutHACKton in the next couple of months, and everyone knows the best IDE is *nix... Just gotta find somewhere willing to host us with a decent internet connection...

[1]: https://twitter.com/sotonbus