[Hampshire] [ADMIN][IMP-HACK]

Author: Anton Piatek
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: [Hampshire] [ADMIN][IMP-HACK]
> LUG / Hackerspace relations: (subject line [ADMIN][IMP-HACK])
>         Hackerspaces are becoming more prevalant, and I don't believe that they
> are any sort of threat to the LUG. I think there is a lot to learn from making
> and building things, and there's a lot of information in both the LUG and
> Hackerspaces which can be mutually beneficial. I think this is particularly
> important for the younger LUG members (thinking 16-21yo), as there is a good
> probability that if they choose an engineering career there will be a lot of
> cross-over. So I heartily welcome any talks about hacking (the legal
> interfacing or coding type), interfacing electronics. I think we could also
> consider holding joint meetings.

I am *very* involved with SoutHackton[1] and have even done a linux
installfest for one of their events. I dare say that if we ever find a
permanent venue then you would be welcome to use it. In the mean time
I believe that working together could benefit us both greatly. I have
posted to this list about southackton before, and a few people attend
both, but not many. I suspect this is largely to a lack of knowledge
of both existing and a lack of time to make both.
We could perhaps try and combine any of the meetups where there are
overlaps - Southackton recently had a hack day and there would have
been space for people to turn up and talk about linux hacking rather
than just robotics and 3d printers.

[1] http://southackton.com
--
Anton Piatek
email: anton@???

No trees were destroyed in the sending of this message, however, a
significant number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.