Re: [Hampshire] [ADMIN][IMP-WEB] Developing the HantsLUG web…

Author: Philip Stubbs
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [ADMIN][IMP-WEB] Developing the HantsLUG website
On 16 October 2012 08:22, Alan Pope <alan.pope@???> wrote:
> Hi Chris,
>

> On 15/10/12 21:43, Chris Dennis wrote:
>>
>> At the AGM, we discussed the fact that the existing website is
>> languishing somewhat for lack of fresh content and general TLC.
>>

> How does moving from Website Engine A to Website Engine B generate fresh
> content? In my experience it results in a small bump in website activity
> then as excitement about the new system fades, it falls back to the current
> state, no activity besides when the last/next meeting was/is.

I think Alan is right.

Installing a fresh new CMS will generate some excitement, it does
nothing for the longer term.

The most useful information on the Wiki is going to be the pages
regarding meetings and mailing list details.

The other information is likely to get old and stale. Can we have a
system where the oldest pages get highlighted and requests for
updates? Could be done as a group activity at a meeting. Just a
thought.

--
Philip Stubbs