Re: [Hampshire] [ADMIN] Chairman's intro and November meetin…

Author: Victor Churchill
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [ADMIN] Chairman's intro and November meeting
On 13 October 2012 10:59, Tim Brocklehurst <timb@???>wrote:

> On Friday 12 Oct 2012 21:47:19 ian@??? wrote:
> > I wont be able to make the talk on Android for Motion Logging. I would
> > be extremely grateful on seeing the presentation slides if poss.
>
> Ian,
>
> No problem. I'm using an app (AndroSensor) to grab the data, most of the
> talk
> will be focussed on doing something with the data, displaying and
> understanding it. If you're interested in development of motion logging on
> Android, then the authors of the App would be worth contacting.

Hi Tim & all,

coincidentally I came across this at just the time I was reading about your
talk

http://www.h-online.com/security/news/item/Android-malware-creates-3D-maps-of-rooms-1722353.html

a cunning app that makes use of the accelerometer and GPS apparently to get
where it is, and then stealthily takes photos which can be mashed up on a
server to create a 3d model. Clever...,

> Cheers,
>
> Tim B.
>
> --