Re: [Hampshire] Correction - was:Re: [OT] Southampton Hacker…

Author: Alan Pope
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Correction - was:Re: [OT] Southampton Hackerspace Survey
On 09/09/12 19:50, Benjie Gillam wrote:
> Also another of Southackton's members, Adam Groves, was interviewed by Zoe
> Kleinman on BBC Radio Solent in mid 2011. We've also done various other
> things to try and attract attention. I didn't think it was appropriate to
> promote SoutHACKton on the HantsLUG mailing list previously for fear of
> being spammy - it is a Linux User Group and not a hardware hacker group
> after all :)

There's a very significant crossover between Linux nerds and hacking
nerds (in my opinion). I wish there were more notifications about
related groups on this (and other LUG lists).

I hadn't heard of Southackton until Mark & Tony mentioned it and we
talked about it on the podcast.

Cheers,
--
Alan Pope