Re: [Hampshire] RDP from Debian to Windows 7 with dual monit…

Author: Imran Chaudhry
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] RDP from Debian to Windows 7 with dual monitors?

> Thanks for that Peter, I have installed VNC and will give it a try
> tonight. I have the free version but thats OK as I am using the VPN to
> handle encryption and basic password is fine as long as it's strong.

Just wanted to follow-up: VNC is the best solution so far. I get to see
both desktops on the two remote monitors side-by-side on one large
rectangle, where I can use a scrollbar to view the entire width. I enabled
"scrolled window mode" and "grab all keyboard events" for best reulsts
(otherwise ctrl-alt-delete to unlock Windows produces the "shutdown" dialog
in Debian). I used Remmina to make the connection. RealVNC have a Linux
client but not sure if that will give me any advantage.

It's just shy of perfect though: I can also start another concurrent
session and my thought was to have each session viewing each desktop.
However in the second session, I can't interact with the remote side, the
mouse pointer is "stuck" as a double-ended arrow.

--
GPG Key fingerprint = B323 477E F6AB 4181 9C65 F637 BC5F 7FCC 9CC9 CC7F
http://about.me/imranchaudhry