Re: [Hampshire] RDP from Debian to Windows 7 with dual monit…

Author: Peter Collins
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] RDP from Debian to Windows 7 with dual monitors?
On 29/08/12 21:59, Imran Chaudhry wrote:

> What this means is that I can only view one "monitor" at a time from
> home but I want to be able to switch between the two remote monitors
> easily. I thought about opening two RDP sessions and keeping each in
> it's own tab on the Remimma side. If I try and open another RDP
> session then as soon as I login to the Win7 box the existing session
> closes.
>
> How can I easily get at both monitors via RDP with this arrangement?
> It seems there is this capability in the Windows RDP client but I
> could not see anything for Linux like this.

Hi Imran,

With version 7 or 7.1 multi monitor support (/multimon) was introduced,
however it requires both the client and the server to support it, Win 7
is fine but I suspect Remmima is only a V6 client.

I was trying to get another feature introduced with V7 (bi-directional
audio) working from home without much joy.

The other problem you will have, as you have discovered, is that Win 7
will only allow one active connection at a time due to licence
restrictions, I have mess about with some hacks that change this, but it
required me download some third party modified windows files., which I
wouldn't recommend on a production system.

Have you thought about VNC, I find it generally isn't as responsive on a
WAN but you can tell it which screen to show. I think this would you to
do what you want.

Sorry it doesn't answer you problem, but hopefully enough you give you
some ideas.

Rgds

Peter.