[Hampshire] [ADMIN] IMPORTANT PLEASE READ!

Top Page
Author: Hants LUG Chairman
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: [Hampshire] [ADMIN] IMPORTANT PLEASE READ!

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x57a83100.hantslug.org.uk.16002': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Thu Aug 23 22:12:43 2012 BST
gpg: using RSA key 9CDA8911AF0DB8C8
Hi,

We must elect a new committee this autumn. If our friends can arrange it for
us, the next meeting will be at Southampton University on Saturday 3 October,
that will be our AGM.

Any member who fancies a committee position can stand, volunteer yourself and
get nominated and seconded. You do not need to be at the meeting to be
elected. In fact you do not need to attend meetings to be on the committe but
it does help if you can attend some of them.

You do need to be registered to vote and you must vote in person at the AGM.
In theory you should register in paper with the treasurer but I think it's
easier to reply to this email. If you want to be considered to vote reply to
this posting. If you have filled out a piece of paper then that's okay too.

The committee needs a chair, a treasurer and a hostmaster, the rest of the
positions are open "general".

I will be standing down as Chair as I have to many other obligations and it's
only fair to let someone else have a go. I would be willing to stand as a
general officer only if it helps with the transition.

Ian Brazier has stood down as Treasurer and I believe does not wish to stand
again.

Adrian Bridgett has stood down as Hostmaster and does not wish to stand again.

I would like to thank Ian, Adrian, Andy and Victor for their support, as well
as all LUG members.

I will be off net for a few days but I will update the wiki and post the list
of candidates in due course.

Please remember to register and please consider standing for election! (A few
people have already suggested their willingness but we need a few more!)

--
Adam Trickett
  Chairman, Hampshire Linux Users Group