Re: [Hampshire] [OT] Universal Car Chargers

Author: Samuel Penn
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [OT] Universal Car Chargers
On Tuesday 07 August 2012 20:46:28 Sean Gibbins wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> We're off camping to France and my family is breaking into a cold sweat
> at the prospect of their gadgets running out of power.

I just use a charger that provides 2 USB sockets for charging phones
and similar devices from. Never tried anything heavier weight.

It did blow a fuse the other week - had to swap out the fuse in the
car, which was a lot of effort since the 'map' in the manual bore
no resemblance to the layout of the fuses in the fuse box.

I also have a small solar charger, which seems to work on my phone.
You can get larger solar chargers for powering bigger things.

And then there's this:

http://www.biolitestove.com/campstove/camp-overview/features/

--
Be seeing you,        Games: http://www.glendale.org.uk/