Re: [Hampshire] Netbook batteries

Author: Paul Tansom
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Netbook batteries
** Vic <lug@???> [2012-07-31 13:54]:
> > Does anyone have any experience / horror stories / good revies / etc.?
>
> I generally buy cheapo laptop batteries from eBay.
>
> They're rubbish. Do not expect anything like original performance from
> them. They do not last, they do not start with the same capacity.
>
> But they're cheap, and I usually get what I want for the price I want to
> pay...

** end quote [Vic]

Yes, that's what I'm considering, but it is all down to which sellers sell
decent enough batteries and which are really poor. It is easier to go back with
a shop. Having said that, even the original batteries are very variable. My
original Dell Latitude had two batteries when I bought it and they barely
lasted a year before they only got about 20 minutes between them (if that), and
Dell told me that was good going!! My current HP Netbook has been on the
original lower capacity battery since around September 2008 (iirc) and I can
still get around an hour out of it, which is pretty good going when I only got
just over 2 hours when it was new! On the other hand the one that came with the
Asus 900HD my wife uses, which is about a year newer, drops from 100% to 60% in
about 2 minutes, although it has still done much better than the Dell. It now
gets only about 20 minute, but initially lasted notably better than the HP
(likely down to the machine itself - Intel Atom vs Via C3, etc.).