Re: [Hampshire] Netbook batteries

Author: Tim
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Netbook batteries
On 31/07/12 18:42, Tony Wood wrote:
> I found Amazon to be cheapest for my Samsung's battery. About £25.
> Not Samsung. Been working very well.
> They seem to do a huge range.
> HTH
>
> Tony Wood
> (from Linux PC)
>
> On 31/07/12 13:40, Paul Tansom wrote:
>> Does anyone know of a good place to get netbook batteries? I've been
>> looking
>> around and prices vary incredibly. Initially I was just looking for
>> my HP Mini
>> 2133, but now I'm more in need of one for an Asus 900HD.
>>
>> >From looking at online shops the ones I'm looking for can set you
>> back between
>> £60 and £90, but eBay have resonably rated sellers with equivalents for
>> substantially less. I'm assuming they aren't as good, but can they be
>> that bad
>> to justify the price of an official one? (Actually official ones seem
>> to be
>> thin on the ground so it seems likely to be a 3rd party anyway.).
>>
>> Does anyone have any experience / horror stories / good revies / etc.?
>>

> --
> Please post to: Hampshire@???

Going slightly off topic, I have been looking for a replacement battery
for one of our Dect phones at work (Kirk 4020), the phone supplier
quoted me £105. The phone only cost £145 when new (now costs £165),
after a bit of searching I have been found one for £5.99, have to
dismantle the phone to check the battery type. While it may not be a
genuine part, I resent being ripped off like that.

Tim