Re: [Hampshire] Spinning rust

Author: Dr A. J. Trickett
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Spinning rust
On Thursday 19 Jul 2012, you wrote:
> I've been using these Hitachi Deskstar 1TB drives for over a year now in
> mirrored configuration in three Netgear Stora NAS boxes (6 drives in total)
> without a problem:
>
> http://www.google.co.uk/products/catalog?q=Hitachi+HDT721010SLA360&hl=en&sa
> fe=off&prmd=imvns&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_cp.r_qf.,cf.osb&biw=1365&bih=922&
> ion=1&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=5249430671194243224&sa=X&ei=rvgHUMeDO4LG0Q
> XY0OzGBA&ved=0CEUQ8wIwAA
>

> Can't help with the local sellers though, I would also go to Novatech if I
> wanted to do a collect, otherwise I tend to use Ebuyer.

Thanks, wasn't cheap (it was before the flood, the mergers and price fixing)
but got a Hitachi Deskstar from Ebuyer. I've had IBM Deskstar/Ultrastar drives
in the past and had no problem with them.

Should arrive on Saturday, then I start the mdadm dance to shuffle things
around - after ensuring I have a good backup!

--
Adam Trickett
Overton, HANTS, UK

Considering the number of wheels Microsoft has found reason
to invent, one never ceases to be baffled by the minuscule
number whose shape even vaguely resembles a circle.
    -- anon, on Usenet