Re: [Hampshire] Management of multiple gnome-terminal window…

Author: john lewis
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Management of multiple gnome-terminal windows?
On Thu, 12 Jul 2012 22:29:00 +0100
Philip Stubbs <philip@???> wrote:

> > Another idea could be to use virtual desktops with one desktop for
> > each terminal group.

using virtual desktops is dead easy with gnome 2 or gnome classic but I
found it confusing in gnome 3 with its floating applications/desktops.

You can give each workspace a name using the Workspace Switcher
Preferences so easy to know what each space is for.

I looked at awesome once but it didn't suit the way I work but it is, I
think, ideal for someone who works mostly with the keyboard but you'd
need to learn the keystrokes that are used to control it, as Philip
says.

--
John Lewis
Debian & the GeneWeb genealogical data server