Re: [Hampshire] Unity on Ubuntu 12.04 v. old Gnome/KDE on 10…

Author: john lewis
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Unity on Ubuntu 12.04 v. old Gnome/KDE on 10.04.x
On Mon, 02 Jul 2012 12:18:10 +0100
Leszek Kobiernicki 1 <l.kobiernicki@???> wrote:

> I contend that the underlying strategic vision is flawed. It is we,
> all the end users, who ought to be acquiring/gaining ever greater
> empowerment, in transparency of our use of the software. It is this
> which is the central bone of contention .. which the corps. don't seem
> to be able to address

I agree with this comment and so to do quite a few of the fairly wide
spectrum of _Linux_Users_ on this list and if nothing else this
discussion has enabled them to express their unease about current
trends.

We may not be the target audience of the current crop of developers but
I hope our opinions will not be overlooked.

--
John Lewis
Debian & the GeneWeb genealogical data server