Re: [Hampshire] Unity on Ubuntu 12.04 v. old Gnome/KDE on 10…

Author: Vic
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Unity on Ubuntu 12.04 v. old Gnome/KDE on 10.04.x

> You seem to think that your opinion is the only one we should should
> take notice of.

Far from it.

I'm simply trying to point out that, just because someone disagrees with
you, that doesn't make you right and them wrong.

Expending vast amounts of effort to try to overcome an objection by
shouting it down would seem to be somewhat less of an effective solution
that trying to accommodate that objection by consideration of whether or
not it actually has meat.

You've not done side-by-side trials, yet still claim Unity is superior. I
have done such trials - albeit with Gnome3, rather than Unity, but the
objections are similar. My tests are not statistically significant, of
course, but they were unanimous. There's a conclusion to be drawn here
somewhere...

Vic.