Re: [Hampshire] Unity on Ubuntu 12.04 v. old Gnome/KDE on 10…

Author: Chris Liddell
To: lug, Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Unity on Ubuntu 12.04 v. old Gnome/KDE on 10.04.x
On 01/07/12 10:07, Vic wrote:

>> I very much feel there is a trend in interface design to favour the
>> new/occasional user, even when it will inconvenience the experienced
>> "power user".
>
> I think exactly the opposite, TBH.

<SNIP>

Yeh, I see what you mean...

"Perhaps I should have said: I very much feel there is a trend in
interface design to try to, or be seen to, favour the new/occasional
user, even when it will inconvenience the experienced "power user"."

My main point, though, was about have ways of working imposed on me,
rather than me having control over them.....

Chris