Re: [Hampshire] rsync Problem

Author: Michael James Daffin
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] rsync Problem
Is the ssh server running on the computer you want to connect to?

Rsync uses ssh to transfer the files and so requires the remote computer to
have the ssh server running and the port ssh uses open in order to work.
Some distros (eg ubuntu) don't has the ssh server installed by default so
you might have to install it first.