Re: [Hampshire] Recommendation please - Big NAS

Author: Ally Biggs
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Recommendation please - Big NAS
Save the money and build it yourself freenas is they way to go. I had a old Pentium 3 server running over a year with no downtime loaded it up with a few decent sized SCSI drives happy days, Current got a dell power edge 800 running comes with a SATA controller so loaded up a few decent sized drives the O/S runs from a flash disk all configurations are carried out through a web Gui the drives are currently in a Raid1 array and the system has been running for half a year no problems setting up samba shares is a piece of cake with this :)

Sent from my iPhone