[Hampshire] [ADMIN] Meeting reminder and AGM Information

Top Page
Author: Hants LUG Chairman
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: [Hampshire] [ADMIN] Meeting reminder and AGM Information

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x57c19100.hantslug.org.uk.24869': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Sun Nov 27 17:09:08 2011 GMT
gpg: using RSA key 9CDA8911AF0DB8C8
Hello,

Saturday 03 December will be our next meeting and AGM. It is important that we
have sufficient attendance to elect a new committee so please come along if
you are able.

Wifi will be availble, please email you MAC address to Richard:
    rjo2g10 <at> ecs DOT soton DOT ac DOT uk

Committee volunteers:

Vic                 lug <at> beer DOT org DOT uk        General officer or hosmaster
Peter Collins    hlug <at> 3720 DOT co DOT uk        General officer
Paul Tansom     paul <at> aptanet DOT com            hostmaster
Chris Dennis     cgdennis <at> btinternet DOT com    General officer
Ian Grody         lug <at> grody DOT me DOT uk        General officer
Ed Beckmann     edward DOT beckmann <at> gmail DOT com    General officer

Existing committee that have said they are willing to stay on:

Ian Brazier     ian DOT hacknslash DOT brazier <at> googlemail DOT com
treasurer

Is there anyone who I have missed who would like to stand?

Is there anyone who feels the urge for power and hasn't yet said they would
like to stand? If so please speak up now!

If the names on the list are content to remain on the list, can I please ask
for people to second the nominees by replying to this email.

No one has stood for chairman and the constitution isn't clear what we do,
however either the current chair could remain in position un-elected or he
stands down and the committee co-opt someone.

The constitution is clear you must vote in person at the meeting however you
do not actually have to be at the meeting to be elected...

Can I also call for someone who will attend but is NOT standing for a position
to act as returning officer. You lose your vote, cannot second any candidate
and must have been a member for at least the past two years.

The LUG constitution is on the LUG wiki here and includes copies of the voter
registration forms. http://www.hantslug.org.uk/wiki/LUGConstitution

If anyone wants to give a talk at the meeting please let me know and I'll
include it in the meeting. I'm willing to do my system bus talk from this
spring at Hursley again

I plan to hold the AGM close to midday to give people time to arrive but also
to go if they need too. The AGM should take no more than 15 minutes.

--
Adam Trickett
  Chairman, Hampshire Linux Users Group