Re: [Hampshire] In need of a project

Top Page
Author: Damian L Brasher
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] In need of a project

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x569e5100.hantslug.org.uk.30363': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Thu Oct 27 19:04:07 2011 BST
gpg: using RSA key E5B6AC918A7E551C
On Sun, 2011-10-23 at 11:47 +0100, Rob Malpass wrote:
> Hi all

> Can anyone suggest a good Linux project? I have 4 boxes, three of
> which are reasonably "specced" but I've not done much with them (apart
> from the usual emails/web etc) since I had them all running the
> lam-mpi [1] software a while back.

Seems like you are wanting a CPU intensive app to use. If you have some
space, I am looking for DIASER testers - a long term archiving system
(WAN Vault). Could also be classed as cloud storage. See signature.

At the Europe RSA conference held in London, Tim Berners-Lee was
reported be advocating the need for cloud storage 'without advertising
in it' - see:

http://www.zdnet.co.uk/news/security-management/2011/10/14/berners-lee-personal-clouds-could-offset-privacy-risks-40094193/

and

http://www.rsaconference.com/2011/europe/about.htm

Best
Damian

--
Interlinux Engineering Foundation http://www.interlinux.org.uk

Central, non-trading, administration, governance and dissemination of
foundation intellectual property and know-how.

GPG 8A7E551C