Re: [Hampshire] In need of a project

Author: Tim Brocklehurst
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] In need of a project
Multi-player, AI chess? (or any other game) You've got plently of computing
power, so how about making the board 3D? (or making the game more complex in
some other way).

Possibly, some form of massive network simulation?

Gateways are fairly simple to setup and test, firewalling just adds security
without having to be too careful about how services (eg. web/email etc.) are
configured, regarding which network ports you use. You can do it with one box
downstream of the firewall/gateway to do the testing, and leave everything else
upstream until you're satisfied. Most of us, however, leave that job to the
small ADSL Router/Firewall box which does it for much less power and
complication.

A paraview render-farm running downstream of a gateway (client was upstream)
with a queing system is a good laugh, that took me a while to work out.

Good luck,

Tim B.

--
OpenPilot - Open-source Marine Chart Plotter
openDynamics - Open-source Vessel Motions Calculation