Re: [Hampshire] [OT] BT Broadband?!

Author: Edward Beckmann
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [OT] BT Broadband?!
Hi Chris

I certainly have very limited experience, but of the few people I have heard
complain about unreliable broadband and / or routers, all were with BT.
Knowing that when your business relies on broadband the most important
criterion is that it works all the time, that alone would warn me off.

Although I use Zen and am high in the price stakes because of it, it has
performed perfectly and my Mum's allegedly high-speed virgin cable has only
just started to offer a higher performance. So on cost I may save £10 a
month at very best - that ain't worth one bit of down-time in a year for me.

My wifi router came free from freecycle, so you might be lucky as well.

Totally see the attraction of hotspots for your situation though - maybe you
could always meet in a certain chain of coffee houses who have a membership
deal?

So for what it's worth even the hint of a reliability risk ain't worth the
potential saving, but that may not be the same for you.

Cheers
--
Ed