Re: [Hampshire] Sudo question

Author: Owain Clarke
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Sudo question
On 13/06/11 10:41, Simon Reap wrote:
>> Thanks, Keith, but I've done this, and it still prompts for

password. I am a member of the users group. Any other ideas?
 >       %users ALL=(ALL) NOPASSWD: /usr/sbin/pm-suspend

> The order of entries in sudoers is important - I think it uses the

last match in the file, and a later line in the file may match you but
not have the NOPASSWD: field.

> Simon

Thanks all. I think you may have identified it, as my sudoers includes

%users ALL=(ALL) NOPASSWD: /usr/sbin/pm-suspend
%sudo ALL=(ALL) ALL

> Have you logged in again since you made yourself a member of the
>"users" group?

The computer had been rebooted, which answered this one.

sudo -l gives

     env_reset

User oclarke may run the following commands on this host:
     (ALL) NOPASSWD: /usr/sbin/pm-suspend
     (ALL) ALL

grep pm-suspend /etc/sudoers gives:-

%users ALL=(ALL) NOPASSWD: /usr/sbin/pm-suspend.

As for "which pm-suspend" I'd already checked that. It's

/usr/sbin/pm-suspend

# grep sudo /var/log/auth.log

is not useful - nothing seems to have been written (I'm writing this at
19:06 and the last entry is 10:01)

So I guess my next step is to swap the 2 lines in sudoers and log in again?

Thanks to the 3 of you - excuse the bittiness of this post.

Owain