Re: [Hampshire] Sudo question

Top Page
Author: Andy Smith
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Sudo question

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x58040100.hantslug.org.uk.32721': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Mon Jun 13 07:43:40 2011 BST
gpg: using DSA key 2099B64CBF15490B
Hi Owain,

On Mon, Jun 13, 2011 at 07:36:12AM +0100, Owain Clarke wrote:

>>       %users ALL=(ALL) NOPASSWD: /usr/sbin/pm-suspend

> Thanks, Keith, but I've done this, and it still prompts for password. I
> am a member of the users group. Any other ideas?

Have you logged in again since you made yourself a member of the
"users" group?

I ask this because I've quite often created a group, put myself in
it, added a group permission to sudoers, and then wondered why it
doesn't work. I'd forgotten to log in again to put my current
session in that group.

If that doesn't work, can you show us the output of "sudo -l"
please? This will list out what sudo believes your user can do.

Cheers,
Andy