Re: [Hampshire] Toshiba N200 Netbook + ALPS Glidepoint

Author: Sean Gibbins
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Toshiba N200 Netbook + ALPS Glidepoint
On 05/04/11 14:35, john lewis wrote:
>> I guess I need to find out where the configuration for UNE resides so
>> > that I can bung it in the relevant place in LMDE. Anyone out there
>> > got an idea where to start?
> touchpads are an abomination, forget it and use a proper mouse. I have
> a cute little HP wireless mouse for my EeePC and it is much nicer to
> use than the touchpad, but then I don't ever think of using it away
> from a desk/table.

Hehe, I know what you mean John and we do have a little USB mouse here
that is ideally suited to purpose.

However, if I am going to sit up and use a computer (i.e. in a
mouse-friendly environment), I will typically do so at my desktop which
is more powerful and has a bigger screen.

The netbook was bought primarily for when I need to hook up a computer
to my hifi for vinyl transfers, and for watching movies on trains, etc.,
so the touchpad is more convenient in that regard.

Sean

--
music, film, comics, books, rants and drivel:

www.funkygibbins.me.uk