Re: [Hampshire] Toshiba N200 Netbook + ALPS Glidepoint

Author: Sean Gibbins
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Toshiba N200 Netbook + ALPS Glidepoint
On 05/04/11 15:04, Neil Stainton wrote:
>> This is evidently a configuration issue, as having run up Ubuntu Netbook
>> > Edition it works out of the box.
>> >
>> > Looking at the Xorg log with 'grep 'AlpsPS/2 ALPS GlidePoint'
>> > /var/log/Xorg.0.log' I see the following:
> I'm not an expert but I do have a netbook with an Alps touchpad which
> just worked with X. Can you get a log from when Ubuntu starts it
> satisfactorily to compare? One thought I had is that maybe it the
> touchpad is not on a PS2 bus. IIRC Alps also make SMBus and USB
> connected variants so perhaps your netbook might have one of those
> fitted instead?

Good idea Neil.

The only reason I haven't done that is basically it takes an age (and I
mean an AGE) for UNE to boot on this machine, and I was hoping to avoid
the pain with a quick fix from the list. However, I will bite the bullet
and give it a go and report back.

Sean

--
music, film, comics, books, rants and drivel:

www.funkygibbins.me.uk