Re: [Hampshire] Gallery software

Author: john lewis
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Gallery software
On Wed, 23 Mar 2011 15:49:17 +0000
Ian Grody <lug@???> wrote:

> Gallery2 is the nicest of them, I've tried gallery3 and didn't like it
> so much. It's worth a shot to try it, you might like it. Zenphoto is
> another nice one, but I still prefer gallery2 to most of them..

thanks Ian, I downloaded the deb file from sid and installed using dpkg
rather than adding the sid repo to /etc/apt/sources.list and then using
aptitude to install.

It won't get updated automatically but since there has been no
development of this version for some time I don't suppose that matters.

It has taken me an hour or so to add the images from the old location
to the new as there seemed to be no simple way to do it in bulk.

Still have to go through the pics adding captions as they seem to be
missing in many cases but I can take my time over this

--
John Lewis
using Debian sid