Re: [Hampshire] [HARDWARE] Dead PC

Author: Adam John Trickett
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [HARDWARE] Dead PC
On Tuesday 11 Jan 2011 19:24:57 Jonathan Hudson wrote:
> On Tue, 11 Jan 2011 19:14:36 +0000
>
> Adam John Trickett <adam.trickett@???> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have two near identical Digital Network UK desktop systems bought in
> > 2005. Mine gets used more than the other and has been reliable up until
> > the last few days, when it has started to behave oddly.
> >
> > 1) It would sometimes bring up the BIOS page complaining about changed
> > settings (that have not changed) on power up.
>
> BIOS battery needs replacing ...

A "CR2032" according to the manual. I know that would cause the boot problems,
could it also cause the hardware freezes?

--
Adam Trickett
Overton, HANTS, UK

Deck of Cards: $1.29.
"101 Solitaire Variations" book: $6.59.
Cheap replacement for the one thing Windows is good at: priceless
    -- Shane Lazarus