Re: [Hampshire] [HARDWARE] Dead PC

Author: Adam John Trickett
To: lug, Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [HARDWARE] Dead PC
On Tuesday 11 Jan 2011 19:20:59 Vic wrote:
> > Any obvious suggestions before I buy another box and strip this one for
> > parts?
>
> Try a different PSU.
> Examine the board for capacitors with bulging lids.
> Re-seat everything you can re-seat (RAM is probably the most important).
> Memtest86+.
> Ring me :-)

I can probably do this at the weekend. Thanks for the capacitor suggestion.

--
Adam Trickett
Overton, HANTS, UK

I've found that people who are great at something are
not so much convinced of their own greatness as
mystified at why everyone else seems so incompetent.
    -- Paul Graham, "Great Hackers" 2004