Re: [Hampshire] Linux Foundation and Linux Certification Pro…

Author: John Cooper
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Linux Foundation and Linux Certification Programs
On 23/10/10 09:21, Peter Collins wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Sorry if this has been discussed before but I don't remember seeing
> anything.
>
> Is anyone a member of The Linux Foundation? does anyone have any
> opinions on it?
>
> Also I am thinking I might get myself a qualification, ultimately I
> would like to make myself more employable if I ever need to look for
> another job in a sysadmin based role.

If you are looking for a sys admin book, the 4th edition of the Unix and
Linux System Administration book has just come out. It is one of the
best books available.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Unix-Linux-System-Administration-Handbook/dp/0131480057/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1287835794&sr=8-1

Not only a brilliant resource but will make you laugh too. In the DNS
section, it make the point about not having all your DNS servers on the
same subnet. Obvious? When they talk about M$ doing this and having the
whole M$.com off air for two days, then a quick outsource job to stop it
happening again!!

John.

Discover Linux - Open Source Solutions to Business and Schools
http://discoverlinux.co.uk