Re: [Hampshire] Linux Foundation and Linux Certification Pro…

Author: Peter Collins
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Linux Foundation and Linux Certification Programs

Hi all,

Many thanks for the responses.

Just to clarify I already work in sysadmin role for my current employer
(as well as others) - it is mainly a Microsoft windows based
infrastructure, however I have introduced Linux over the years in different
areas, mainly virtualization, web/ftp hosting and systems monitoring which
I believe can be demonstrated on my CV.

It was more a case of while things are good for me would it be a
worthwhile investment in myself, I know that there are areas I would walk
easily and there would be some areas which would be new to me.

I have no formal qualifications other then GCSE's and am trying to weigh
up if experience alone is enough.

I noticed no one has commented on The Linux Foundation - surely @ $99.00
p.a. it is a great way to support Linux with benefits to the subscribers as
well?

Rgds

Peter.