[Hampshire] [OT] Clarifacation required

Author: Tim
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: [Hampshire] [OT] Clarifacation required

I have a PC that is failing to boot, it is giving 1 long and 3 short beeps.
According to sources on the net it is a memory failure above 64k, is that the
memroy modules I add to the motherbaord or is that some other base\cache memory
on the motherboard or CPU??

I have tried fitting alternative memory modules, and I have tried fitting the
existing memory (2x1gb sticks) in various combinations all with the same
result. A couple of weeks ago I was able to run mem test on the memory in this
same PC and it came back not showing any faults (it was ony a 2 hr test)
although the PC was still playing up.

To be honest I am suspecting the motherboard is dead

Thanks in advance for an help

Tim