Re: [Hampshire] Budgetone SIP phones

Author: Paul Tansom
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Budgetone SIP phones
** Vic <lug@???> [2010-10-12 16:36]:
> Disclosure: I am a commercial VoIP provider.

Well nobody's perfect ;)

> > Does anyone have any experience of the Grandstream Budgetone 200 SIP
> > phones?
>
> Well - not a lot. We tried the Budgetone range, but TBH, I wasn't
> satisfied with the general quality of them.
>
> But my staple is the GXP2000 - which is the phone I use myself. I believe
> the setup is nearly identical...

I picked these up brand new for a song, so they'll do to get me going. They
seem OK from the use I've given them getting things running, but I've not
actually used them for a real phone call yet! There is a tiny bit of background
on them though.

> > my button presses are being ignored
>
> What setting have you got for sending DTMF? If you're trying in-audio
> DTMF< expect it to fail :-( I generally use RTP, but I've heard of some
> people preferring SIP INFO.

Aha, brilliant, that's just what I was looking for. Sadly neither the VOIP
provider or the Grandstream had anything more than the basic authentication
settings and a list of supported codecs (ulaw, alaw, g726, gsm, g729, which
translated to PCMU, PCMA, not available, GSM and not available on the phone -
well G.726-32 and G.729A/B didn't work). There's a mass of options to play with
in there!

Anyway, it was set to in-audio, and switching to RTP has got things working. I
may try SIP INFO later to see, and likely read up, but I now have to get ready
for a meeting that will keep me occupied until 9pm, so it's nice to have it
working, thanks :)

** end quote [Vic]

Registered in England | Company No: 4905028 | Registered Office: