Re: [Hampshire] Any SANE experts?

Author: Lisi
To: lug, Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Any SANE experts?
On Thursday 07 October 2010 23:33:23 Vic wrote:
> can run xsane against it - but only as root. Running as an unprivileged
> user tells me that no scanners are found :-(
>
> Has anyone seen this before?

Yes. :-( And I *did* add myself to the scanners group. But I did nothing
else because it was only a minor iritation. I kept intending to investigate
it but.....

It has recently suddenly corrected itself. No idea why - an update? A change
in the wind direction? My Karma improved?

Since the problem is no longer there, I can no longer investigate it. But I
remain curious and shall watch this space with interest.

Lisi