[Hampshire] Any SANE experts?

Author: Vic
To: hampshire
Subject: [Hampshire] Any SANE experts?

Hi All.

I ran into a problem with SANE tonight. Now I know three fifths of nothing
about scanners, so I couldn't fix this one.

The machine in question is running Fedora 12 (not sure if that will turn
out to be relevant). It has an Epson SX110 3-in-1 plugged in, as well as a
Mustek 1248UB.

Problem 1 is that the Epson isn't seen as a scanner - although
sane-find-scanner detects it, scanimage -L doesn't, and xsane is having
nothing to do with it.

Problem 2 is with the mustek. I found the firmware needed for it, and I
can run xsane against it - but only as root. Running as an unprivileged
user tells me that no scanners are found :-(

Has anyone seen this before?

Thanks.

Vic.