Re: [Hampshire] eReaders

Author: Philip Stubbs
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] eReaders
On 12 September 2010 22:35, trotter <m.nuttall@???> wrote:
> Is there a feature in the 350 that you are looking for?
> Haven't heard about it and most features seem to be present in the 505
> including a SD card slot.

It has a touch screen. Unlike the older PRS-600, the new PRS-350 and
PRS-650 do not use an overlay, but inferred detectors around the
screen edge. That avoids the problems caused with extra layers over
the eInk display.

Other than that, it supports the more open ePub format.

I have read somewhere that Best-Buy are going to start seling the
Kindle. As they already sell the Sony, I will wait a bit and see if I
can see them side-by-side.

--
Philip Stubbs