Re: [Hampshire] eReaders

Author: Stuart Sears
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] eReaders
On 12/09/10 22:24, Philip Stubbs wrote:
> I would be interested in peoples thoughts on ereaders.
>
> Ever since I first read about eink displays, I have been fascinated.
> Recently, the price has dropped to a point where I am seriously
> tempted, but I have a problem.
>
> The two that interest me the most are the Kindle from Amazon, and the
> new Sony PRS-350 due out soon. They both have the ability to display
> PDF's but only the Sony will work with industry standard ePub format,
> avoiding the lock in to Amazon with the Kindle.

I'll let you know how that goes, my kindle arrives this week :)
it is a little daft that it doesn't support epub, but it does read MOBI
and I'll convert to that for non-amazon books, I expect.

Or plain old txt, I suppose.

> After all that, the short question is, does anybody use an ereader and
> if so, who have you got on using it with Linux?

FBReader on my HTC android phone, like Jan.

> P.S. I already know about Calibre :-)

well, there you go, then :)

Stuart
--