Re: [Hampshire] eReaders

Author: trotter
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] eReaders
Lo,
At 22:24 12/09/2010, you wrote:
>I would be interested in peoples thoughts on ereaders.

so would I :)

>Ever since I first read about eink displays, I have been fascinated.
>Recently, the price has dropped to a point where I am seriously
>tempted, but I have a problem.

Likewise the older pr300 is around £100 on some sites,

>The two that interest me the most are the Kindle from Amazon, and the
>new Sony PRS-350 due out soon. They both have the ability to display
>PDF's but only the Sony will work with industry standard ePub format,
>avoiding the lock in to Amazon with the Kindle. This would be great,
>except I have tried to run Sony's library software and Adobe's digital
>editions, and failed as they are only supported on Windows and Mac.

Is there a feature in the 350 that you are looking for?
Haven't heard about it and most features seem to be present in the 505
including a SD card slot.

Martin N

Running MorphOS v2.4 on Mac Mini, Moderator of
MiniDisc,amithlonopen,bwfc Yahoogroups