[Hampshire] DVD authoring

Author: Peter Bond
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: [Hampshire] DVD authoring
Possibly a strange question, given what I do - but this is at a level I don't play at at work.

I've got a collection of small DVDs with short chunks of video on them, and I'd like to back them up onto a single DVD (so far, 10 discs have yielded about 6GB of VOB files). Essentially, I want to be able to take the files, rebundle them into a DVD structure without editing the individual streams and have a simple menu structure to access them; the problem I seem to be hitting is that the proprietary stuff I have won't accept a VOB file as an input, or will try to transcode the things to suit itself (and since the video quality isn't exactly great in encoder terms, I'd prefer it left it untouched!).

Does anyone have any suggestions for packages that will do what I'm after?

TIA

Peter