[Hampshire] firewall boxen

Author: Jacqui Caren-home
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: [Hampshire] firewall boxen
We are looking to replace a couple of PC based DSL/firewall boxes with
diskless (CF card) units.

The DSL lines are driven using a couple of Draktek Vigo 110's

http://www.best4ip.co.uk/catalog/ip-system-phones-and-ip-pbx-equipment/routers-or-lan-network-equipment/draytek-vigor-110-adsl-ethernet-modem

So the box needs only run some pppd's and a firewall (NAT).
There are currently two DSL lines active so a min of three net ports are required.

$work has already looked at a range of devices but rather that buy and try I
thought it would be a good idea to pick peoples brains as I know there is
some expertise here. :-)

The plan is to have two of these things so that if one dies we can
switch over by switching/booting the second device.

What am I after is experience with these as firewall/nat devices?
The DSL lines both have serious loads and are only 2Mbit or so
but we do run VPN software and it would be nice to install the VPN
software on board if capable but this is not critical.

Feel free to reply direct or post a reply. I will summarise any private
replies if I get any.

TIA

Jacqui