[Hampshire] [Hardware] Interesting Acer Wobble

Author: Sean Gibbins
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: [Hampshire] [Hardware] Interesting Acer Wobble
Hi All,

I feared the worst when, having shutdown cleanly last night, my
daughter's Acer laptop (an Aspire 5735) repeatedly failed to post this
morning.

Having braced myself for an awkward discussion with their customer
service folks (it's two months out of warranty), I was pleasantly
surprised to find that I was getting ahead of myself when their tech
support guy was able to fix it in under a minute.

Basically, he had me remove the battery and the power supply, and then
press the power button for 30 seconds. On restoring power it came up
first time.

Possibly it's common knowledge amongst others, but having owned several
laptops it's the first time I have encountered an issue/fix like this,
so I thought I'd share it in case it helps someone else.

Sean

--
music, film, comics, books, rants and drivel:

www.funkygibbins.me.uk