Re: [Hampshire] [Hardware] Interesting Acer Wobble

Top Page
Author: James
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [Hardware] Interesting Acer Wobble

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x57452100.hantslug.org.uk.30089': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Fri May 14 10:15:55 2010 BST
gpg: using DSA key 2FF22CF403F94B5D
On Fri, 2010-05-14 at 09:53 +0100, Chris Dennis wrote:

> Removing the battery from a laptop often cures things. I wonder if
> pressing the power button for 30 seconds really does anything except
> force you to wait 30 seconds for the charge to drain out of capacitors.

I've had to EC-reset a few notebooks that refused to start, pulling the
battery for five seconds always did the job. The firmware is never
perfect, and in certain cases Linux's ACPI layer seemed to trigger bugs
that got the EC in a right seven-and-eight.

James

--
James                                       TheHolyettlz@???
PGP key ID: 03F94B5D