Re: [Hampshire] Playing music in my living room

Author: Sean Gibbins
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Playing music in my living room
Andy Random wrote:
> Any suggestions?

I've been contemplating one of these:

http://www.wdc.com/en/products/products.asp?driveid=735

It plays just about every file format you'd want to play (inc. mp3s avis
oggs and flacs), and it will stream across the network or it will accept
a USB drive plugged in directly.

I have the non-streaming USB version and am very happy with it on the
whole, although I use it solely for avi files and have therefore not
looked into what outputs it this might have for audio. I simply plug in
a usb stick with the files on it, and then browse the menu on the TV and
play.

Reasonably cheap at < £90.

Another similar alternative is the Logitech Squeezebox, although I've
not looked at them since Logitech took over. That is designed
specifically for audio (mp3s and Internet radio I believe).

Sean

--
music, film, comics, books, rants and some drivel:

www.funkygibbins.me.uk

(mostly drivel actually!)