Re: [Hampshire] Recurrent Hardware Problem

Author: Paul Tansom
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Recurrent Hardware Problem
** Jacqui Caren-home <jacqui.caren@???> [2010-03-04 15:54]:
> Lisi wrote:
> >> I'm so sorry to hear that Chris. I hope that you are soon back to your
> >> usual outgoing appearance of health. (I hate to accuse anyone of our age
> >> of actually _being_ healthy!)
> >>
> >> Lisi
> >
> > Sorry, all. That was meant to go to Chris. :-(
>
> Thats OK - hope Chris is better soon.
>
> I was in a discussion with someone on a spam list about the definition of
> "old school" and I suggested that anyone who remembers a time before SMTP
> was de-facto should not be called old school but "old gits" and yes that
> includes me :-)
>
> BTW: I did my back in this morning and am teleworking OK but have to stop
> far more often than normal. Why is back pain so distracting?

** end quote [Jacqui Caren-home]

I can't for the life of me think whether it was pre-SMTP being de-facto, but I
do remember the fun of setting up special addresses on the IBM gateway at work
to route internet addressed email into my IBM Profs/Office Vision account. This
was all doubly interesting when combined with the requirement to do a similar
process to get email out of IBM through one gateway and then into Hampshire
County Council via their gateway. An interesting challenge in sending mails
with specially calculated addresses to get things set up and then using another
address to email through once it was, but it worked. Of course this was all
done so I could send email from my work to my mum at work, as well as for the
challenge of whether I could set it up ;) That said, once I had it was used for
legitimate work purposes, so it was purely in the spirit of testing :)

Registered in England | Company No: 4905028 | Registered Office: