Re: [Hampshire] old gits/old school: was Recurrent Hardware …

Author: Bob Dunlop
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] old gits/old school: was Recurrent Hardware Problem
> That would be a 'yes' I think, or perhaps a grand old git (paving the
> way for great grand old gits later in the thread who would need to
> demonstrate their skills in hand-punching paper tape bootstrap
> programs)

Not a bootstrap but I can remember splicing paper tapes to make corrections
in the middle of an image rather than repunching the whole thing, and that
was paid for work not a university project.

At uni I used teletypes on a regular basis and punch card machines on
occasion (they were phased out in my second year).

So does that qualify me for grand old git ?

ps. Has this thread been round before, or is that another old git thing.
--
        Bob Dunlop