Re: [Hampshire] [OT]How should the Open Source world handle …

Author: John Cooper
To: lug, Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [OT]How should the Open Source world handle new vulnerabilities?
On 28/09/09 09:38, Damian Brasher wrote:

>> serious security vulnerabilities. The impact on users, business's, code
>

> On a lighter educational note, I've used the possessive apostrophe for
> business, businesses is the correct plural. Like many of us I tend to hammer
> out words in a creative frame of mind then go back with a critical analytical
> view, usually after a good night's [1] sleep.
>
> [1] This is a possessive apostrophe, the sleep is owned by the night.
>
> Damian

I think that level of English grammar is completely lost on most,
particularly those educated in the M$ era. You'd be lucky to get bizness
out of them yet "GCSE grades have reached another record level - with
more than one in five exams (21.6%) being awarded an A* or A."

Mind you, just look at the ones who spell Linux "GNU/Linux", just
appalling use of the language. All I can think is that Linux is on the
right to signify moving forward and GNU is on the left trying to drag it
back in to 1984. Shame we can't all be like Linus Torvalds, "respec init".

Discover Linux - Open Source Solutions to Business and Schools
http://discoverlinux.co.uk