Re: [Hampshire] Kernel compilation

Author: Graeme Hilton
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Kernel compilation
2009/9/26 James Courtier-Dutton <james.dutton@???>:
<snip very useful info; saved for reference!>
> I would have opted instead for a stand alone GPS to NTP box, and
> simply used NTP on your Linux box. The end result is likely to be very
> similar.

The PPS signal is (hopefully) being recognised by NTP on the Linux
box. As I read it, NTP should take care of disciplining the local
clock to the GPS timestamp and the PPS signal. Unfortunately the PPS
driver in the kernel isn't quite working for me at the moment and I'm
having discussions with the LinuxPPS developers about that.

Thanks for the help,

--
Graeme Hilton