Re: [Hampshire] pcworld southampton & linux

Author: Philip Stubbs
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] pcworld southampton & linux
2009/8/5 pavithran <pavithran.s@???>:
> Disclaimer: PC world might have been doing this for long time . This
> is the first time I ever set foot in a big computer shop . I know that
> I can buy cheap netbooks online but I would like to touch and feel it
> on a shop before buying .

Do what we all do. Go to PC World to touch and feel it. Then go buy
the same thing, for cheaper, on-line.

I know that lot of people have a low opinion of PC World, but they do
occasionally do good deals. When I bought my laptop a few years ago,
they had the spec I wanted for much less than anywhere else as by
chance what I wanted was a special promotion. They did try and sell me
an extended warranty that would have made up the difference. When they
told me it would include a 'free' yearly disk cleanup, I quite enjoyed
telling them that I was just going to wipe the disk and install Linux.
:-)

--
Philip Stubbs